Monday, September 24, 2007

Making Sense Structure

I chose to compare my rough draft to the structure of Marita Sturken's "The Wall, the Screen, and the Image." Sturken's structure uses block quotes, subtitled sections, and photos. Her tone is third person and rather impersonal. Also, she is very critical of the Vietnam War Memorial. I think is different than my rough draft, because I did not any block quotes, mainly because I comparing artwork and creating my own definition of art, not contrasting other people's opinions of the work. Also, I did not use subtitled sections, even though my paragraphs are organized, I just did not label each section. Finally, I plan to use photos in mine because that will help significantly to see the stark contrast between the two paintings. In addition, both of our writings are writing in distanced third person.

No comments: